Thermal/Visible Imaging Systems
Thermal/visible imaging is relevant to all major sectors including:
Aerospace & Automotive Solar & Photovoltaics
Electronics & Optoelectronics Scientific & Medical
Agriculture & Environmental Defence & Security
Imaging systems allow controlled digital capture and analysis, enabling us to instantly see something more clearly, perform image processing for quantitative insight, and provide real-time remote monitoring.
Use of visible or thermal cameras is one of the most common uses of photonics in CPE collaborations. These tend to be off-the-shelf and used to provide customized solutions for imaging processing in sometimes difficult lighting conditions. Our team at Aberystwyth University specializes in thermometry, and has thermal cameras that can be used for system performance analysis.
Finally, our more high-end systems include:
- Bangor University’s Nanoscope and Superlens for precision imaging with resolution to on the nanometre scale
- Confocal microscope for 3D imaging
- Surface profile for sub-angstrom roughness measurements.
Specific applications include:
- Image capture for vision systems e.g. product counting, quality control
- Thermal camera systems for analysis
- Precision imaging to the nanometer scale